What are the challenges of specialty cold forming?
The challenges with impact extrusion are how does an engineer, design an impact extrusion process step sequence that achieves the required extrusion shape with the minimum number of process steps.
What are the primary benefits of impact extrusion compared to conventional machining from solid material?
- Raw material savings of up to 90%
- Reduced machining times up to 75%
- Elimination of secondary machining operations
- Reduction in multi-part assemblies
- Improved mechanical properties for material strength and machining due to cold working of the material
- Significantly reduced total part costs up to 50%